Welcome to the American Information Center
If you need information about the United States, or some general themes such as democracy, globalization, economy, business, science and technology, education, health, environment and natural resources, you have come to the right place!
The American Information Center (AIC) is the library of the U.S. Embassy in Dakar. It is part of the Embassy's Public Affairs Section.
- We have books, ebooks and ebook readers, films and documentaries, magazines and research databases. Search our AIC Library Catalog.
- The AIC has an Internet cafe with online resources in English and French for your research.
- Our two librarians speak English, French and Wolof and can help you find the right resources.
- We offer programs and activities, such as a monthly English discussion club, film showings, book clubs, and more.
- The Embassy's Education Advising Service holds regular information sessions in the AIC. See the Education Advising page for more information.
- Anyone can come to the AIC; it's free and open to the public. Become an AIC member today!
- If you live outside Dakar, you might visit one of our four American Corners in Ziguinchor, Louga, Thies and Bissau.
Note: The AIC cannot answer questions about visas. For visa information, please visit http://dakar.usembassy.gov/visas.html